First off, sorry for the lack of updates recently; it's the busy time of year for my real job (budget season), so that's been monopolizing much of my time. I plan on making some updates this weekend, so stay tuned.
Friday, May 2, 2008
This week, we voted on the NL MVP, CY Young, and Rookie of the Year. Here is how we voted in the weekly MLB Blog Poll brought to you by Baseball Happenings.
1) Chase Utley - He's already known as the one of the top second basemen in the league; this is the year that he's proving to that he's more than just an elite second baseman, he's one of the elite players in the entire game.
2) Chipper Jones - He's still hitting well over .400 after nearly 100 at bats...enough said.
3) Derrek Lee - Gold glove defense, and he's hitting nearly .360 with 7 HR & 20 + RBI's.
NL CY Young:
1) Jake Peavy - Continues to be one of the most consistently dominant starters in the game today.
2) Tim Lincecum - He's on pace to finish with a 26-0 record and 233 K's...which probably won't happen; no matter, he's been one of the best this season & has found ways to get wins with a limited offense behind him (it helps only have allowed 4 ER all season).
3) Ben Sheets - He drops a few spots this week after his recent missed starts, but he has been very impressive this season; let's hope he can get & stay healthy.
NL Rookie of the Year:
1) Jair Jurrjens - The league is hitting only .214 against him, and he's on pace for a 19 win season; not bad for a 22 year old.
2) Geovany Soto - Is actually giving fellow rookie Fukudome a run for his money right now for the title of best rookie in the Windy City.
3) Johnny Cueto - He's going to be a stud for a long time, but he's suffering some growing pains right now. He keeps putting up quality starts & showing great control, but he has allowed at least one HR in every start this season (for a total of 6 on the year).